Winter is here… Bah Humbug. I don’t like cold or snow and the wind today was awful.
But… the pepperpot girls love wrapping up warm for winter. So here’s a little something to keep your doll warm.
It’s a little crocheted hat scarf and glove pattern, hope you enjoy it.
I used a 3.5mm hook and oddments of DK yarn. The hat and gloves are worked in a continuous round begining with an adjustable ring. There are two finished for the hat, one with frills and one without. The scarf is quick and simple and needs one little button to finish it off.
1) Using an adjustable ring make 6sc in the ring and pull to close.
2) 2sc in each sc around (12)
3) 1sc, 2sc in next around (18)
4) 2sc, 2 sc in next around (24)
5) 3sc, 2 sc in next around (30)
6) (3sc in sc, 10sc, 3sc in next, 3sc) x 2 (38)
7) sc around
8) (sc in 17, sc2tog) x 2 (36)
9) (sc in 16, sc2tog) x 2 (34)
10) (sc in 15, sc2tog) x 2 (32)
11) sc around (32) FO
11) (5dc in next sc, sk 1, sc, sk 1) around, join with a slip stitch and FO.
Leave a long thread to sew the button on the scarf at the end.
1) sc in 2nd ch from hook and in next 3, ch 1, turn
2-25) sc across, ch 1 turn
26) ch 5, sk 3, sc in last sc, ch 1 turn
27) 4sc over the 5 ch, slst and FO at end of row
Sew a button on the front
1) Make an adjustable loop and sc 6, pull closed
2) (1sc in next sc, 2sc in next) x 2 (8)
3) sc around
4) 1sc in next 2, 2sc in next 2, sc in 4sc (10)
5) sc around
6) (sc in 4, sc2tog) x 2 (8)
Slst in next sc and FO.
So, how’s the dolls going?
If you’ve made any pepperpot dolls and want to show them off I’d love to see them.
If you haven’t yet made any the pattern is in my Etsy shop, buy now because I’m putting the price back up soon!!!